Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Carson is Here!

Carson arrived on Thursday, January 19th, 2012 at 2:19am.  


On Wednesday, January 18th I had my Dr. appointment in the morning.  The Dr said Carson didin't look like he would be here in the next couple of days so I planned to have a Dr. appointment for that following Monday to talk about induction.  My original due was January 27th. 

Later that day I decided that me and the kids should go for a short walk to the mailbox.  Hoping that I could walk the baby out.  So around 3:55pm we made it to the mailbox and I heard a pop and then my water broke.   

We arrived at the hospital around 5pm because I had to wait for Aaron to come home from work and for Mee-Maw to come pick up the kids.  We got to the hospital and they ask 101 questions and then they checked me and I was only 1cm.  Pitocin was added and then before I new it I was 3cm and got an epidural.  Epidural worked great until I reached 8cm.  I believe I was 10cm around 1ish.  I had to wait for the Dr to get there which felt like forever, it was only 10 minutes. I pushed for 45 minutes.  I had a hard time pushing him in the beginning because the nurse lowered my potocin when we were waiting for the Dr. to get there.  She forgot to increase it when I started pushing.  So half way through the pushing they increased it and then it took me 15 minutes to push him out.  

I am nursing him.  As soon as he came out he took about 3 tries to latch on and he stayed there for 40 minutes.  Neither one of my kids latched on very well at the hospital.  Caden had to use the shield and Hannah never nursed long enough to get full.  This little guy nurses very well considering he is tongue tied.  Which means the little piece if skin that is under the tongue that connects the tongue to the bottom of the mouth is too close to the end of the tongue.  It can possibly interfere with nursing, but he seems to be doing well.    

Overall I had a great pregnancy and birth.  I did not tear which helps healing much nicer. 

Oh, and did I mention I have another perfect angel to add to our family!







1 comments:

Carisa said...

Oh Felicia, he is beautiful-congratulations!

Advocare

Advocare
AdvoCare has a long history behind it, as it's one of the oldest in the health industry. Advocare's products include weight loss products, product for kids, nutritional and health. More than 270 years of research have made Advocare's products the best. Advocare InternationalThe Advocare company is known to be one of the first companies when it comes to the level of quality, in the wellness and health industry.
If you are interested in this product please click on the Advocare link for more info.

Site Meter

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails