Monday, December 14, 2009
The kids had such a great decorating the Gingerbreat Train that Aunt Jill bought Caden for his 3rd birthday. I placed the icing down and let them put the candy wherever they liked. It was so funny though....because I told them in the beginning to not eat the candy wellllll they would accadentialllllyyyy touch the icing and just have to lick their fingers. It was soooo funny!
Everyday we have Mommy School Hannah wants me to put on her Tu Tu that her cousin Allison made her for her 1 year old birthday. If you are interested in buying one check out her site. Swish Productions
Hannah is finally getting into story time. She is actually setting through an entire book. Today she sat through 3. Yeah!!!
I know I have not posted much about Mommy School lately but we still have been doing it. I just have not been taking as many pictures because I haven't had as much time due to Caden's birthday party and Christmas. So after the first of the year I hope to get things back in order, blogging wise!
- I still use our flip chart posters that you see on the easel. The work great for us. Our schedule is:
- First, we say a prayer which it the Our Father. I can not believe it, we have been saying it for about 2 weeks and Caden can say the prayer. It is broken up but he knows it in order.
- Then we do calendar time and weather time. I have a calendar to the left of the picture and the kids rotate between who puts the weather and calendar up.
- After weather and calendar time we sing songs. We start with the days of the week on you tube.
- We do a shaker song and then this month we have been doing Christmas songs. I pick the songs and then look them up on you tube so the kids can watch and sing the song.
- Then we have our lessons. It is basically the theme that is for the week and then an art activity.
- Next, is story time.
- Snack time, and then the kids play outside or inside depending on the weather.
Please let me know if you have any detailed questions that I missed, I will be happy to answer them.
Caden really enjoyed pushing Hannah's stroller around the Festival of Lights. Made him feel important! lol
Both of the kids really enjoyed the Festival of Lights this year. We went last year too but the kids were smaller and this year they really enjoyed the lights more and enjoyed being able to walk around. It is defiantly much better than riding around in a car looking at the lights. Hannah has hated being in a car seat since she was an infant, she would defiantly not like looking at lights in the car. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't either!